Substance Use and HIVSubstance Use and HIV

Crystal meth response

Having been addicted to crystal meth for years (but totally quit two years ago) I thought your answer was great! I would have appreciated someone being honest and straightforward when I was using crystal - instead of enabling me to continue using. I take full responsibilty for using crystal meth for so long, but also never had anyone just tell me I should stop using. Thanks for your comments! Using crystal just isn't worth it, no matter how much fun it is at the time. The low after using is reason enough, let alone the fact that it becomes so easy to lose everything. I'm 40 years old, and had a stroke that was probably due to extended crystal use. Talk about a wake up call! Spending a month in the hospital and going to physical therapy to walk again makes you realize how stupid crystal use is! Thank you!

Response from Dr. Fawcett

Thanks for your comments. Best wishes for a long and healthy recovery!

-David

Hepatitis C
false pos syphillis then pos