Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Substance Use and HIVSubstance Use and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Crystal meth response
Feb 12, 2013

Having been addicted to crystal meth for years (but totally quit two years ago) I thought your answer was great! I would have appreciated someone being honest and straightforward when I was using crystal - instead of enabling me to continue using. I take full responsibilty for using crystal meth for so long, but also never had anyone just tell me I should stop using. Thanks for your comments! Using crystal just isn't worth it, no matter how much fun it is at the time. The low after using is reason enough, let alone the fact that it becomes so easy to lose everything. I'm 40 years old, and had a stroke that was probably due to extended crystal use. Talk about a wake up call! Spending a month in the hospital and going to physical therapy to walk again makes you realize how stupid crystal use is! Thank you!

Response from Dr. Fawcett

Thanks for your comments. Best wishes for a long and healthy recovery!

-David

Previous
Hepatitis C
Next
false pos syphillis then pos

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.