|Methadone and hiv
Dec 23, 2012
What are the drug interactions between Trizivir and methadone?
| Response from Dr. Fawcett
Trizivir is a combination medication with three components: Retrovir (ziduvodine), Epivir (lamivudine), and Ziagen (abacavir). There is a potential interaction between methadone and one of Trizivir's component drugs: ziduvodine. Methadone can slow down how the liver processes ziduvodine, which could result in an increase in levels of the antiretroviral. Be certain to work with you physician to monitor your labs.
You can find more information on methadone and ARV interactions on this page from TheBody.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Muscle Ache An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Burning Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Sensual Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Swallowing Sperm Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.