The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Substance Use and HIVSubstance Use and HIV
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Alcohol treatment for someone HIV+

Nov 7, 2011

Are there any alcohol treatment centers for HIV+ persons?

Response from Dr. Fawcett

I don't know of any such centers but you can use SAMHSA's (the federal agency overseeing substance abuse and mental health issues) treatment locator locator to search for facilities in your area. There is also a link to every state's substance abuse agency where you could inquire specifically about your needs.

Take care,


Sharing Snorting Straws
Decided to give up drinking

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint