Cocaine and HIV
Sep 22, 2011
Response from Dr. Fawcett
The complex interactions between cocaine (ingested in any form) and cocaine are still poorly understood. It has been observed that cocaine appears to help the virus spread faster and some studies suggest it can hasten the development of neurological disorders such as seizures, movement disorders and even dementia. There are no known specific interactions between HIV medications and cocaine. Help stopping cocaine can be found with Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore Testicles After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- After Treatment For Trichomoniasis How Should You Wait To Have Sex
- Red Brown Clots Discharge And Back Pain, 7 Weeks
- What Medicine Do They Use For Std?
- 8 Week Test Negative Conclusive
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.