Jul 24, 2011
Can I take Bacopa, Indian spider plant and withenia somanifera along with the HIV ART medications. Do they have any antagonistic interactions with ART drugs?
Response from Dr. McGowan
I am not aware, and can find no interaction between these herbal supplements and HIV medications. If you do combine them together be sure that you have your blood tests monitored regularly (especially the HIV viral load and liver/kidney function) to be safe.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Does It Take For Hiv To Show Up Up In A Person Blood?
- People From Which Age Group Are More Likely To Suffer From Opportunistic Infections
- Acute Hiv And Stomach Symptoms
- Would Hpv Show Up In A Blood Test
- Would Herpes Show On A Pap Smear If You Are Not Having A Breakout
- Where Is Shingles Usually Found?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.