|flomax and hiv treatment
May 23, 2011
Before i start a month ago my treatment with prezista, norvir and truvada I was using flomax to help with the urine flow. Now I stop using flomax for the interaction with my meds and also stop another over the counter med becacuse of saw palmeto interaction with my meds. I found this over the counter med that only contains Calcium 50mg 5 Red Clover Extract 222mg -Isoflavones 40mg and want to know if there is not interaction to my drugs. thanks
Calcium 50mg 5 Red Clover Extract 222mg -Isoflavones 40mg
| Response from Dr. McGowan
Thanks for your post.
I could not find any drug interactions of note between your antiretroviral medications and the herbal supplement. I also cannot find information that is scientifically valid that shows that the supplement would help the prostate.
Talk to your doctor about safe dosing and monitoring of medication such as finasteride, which may have fewer interactions with Norvir.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Ear Infection After Broken Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Ear Infection After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Painful Ejaculation After Touching Open Wound Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.