Substance Use and HIVSubstance Use and HIV

flomax and hiv treatment

Before i start a month ago my treatment with prezista, norvir and truvada I was using flomax to help with the urine flow. Now I stop using flomax for the interaction with my meds and also stop another over the counter med becacuse of saw palmeto interaction with my meds. I found this over the counter med that only contains Calcium 50mg 5 Red Clover Extract 222mg -Isoflavones 40mg and want to know if there is not interaction to my drugs. thanks

Calcium 50mg 5 Red Clover Extract 222mg -Isoflavones 40mg

Response from Dr. McGowan

Thanks for your post.

I could not find any drug interactions of note between your antiretroviral medications and the herbal supplement. I also cannot find information that is scientifically valid that shows that the supplement would help the prostate.

Talk to your doctor about safe dosing and monitoring of medication such as finasteride, which may have fewer interactions with Norvir.

Best, Joe

Length of efavirenz (Sustiva) side effects
Malaria medication and HIV DRUGS