cannabis and CD4
Mar 29, 2011
Does smoking pot decline CD4 count? Does it cause any additional harm to HIV-positives than to negatives?
Response from Dr. Fawcett
As I have mentioned in earlier posts, the Multicenter AIDS Cohort Study found no correlation between marijuana use and CD4 counts, but the risks don't end there. Marijuana smoke contains scores of toxins that are harmful, especially for someone living with HIV, and marijuana can be psychologically addictive. Speak with your physician about medical options that can improve dosing and purity yet still achieve the beneficial effects.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Coated Tongue After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.