|HAART resistance and meth
Feb 17, 2011
I started on combivir and stocrin on May 2010. My latest viral load on Sept 2010 was 102 (from 150 000). I have been taking ice on and off. Does ice poses a risk to resistance? I have not miss any of my HAART dose till now. Thanks
| Response from Dr. Fawcett
I assume "ice" refers to methamphetamine, which poses several risks. First, despite the best of intentions, people using meth often miss doses of their medications which can lead to resistance. There can be other problems as well, including drug interactions and a possible negative effect of meth on CD8 cells. For information on the meth's impact look at lifeormeth.com or tweaker.org.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Skin After Deep Kissing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Testicles After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Touching Vaginal Secretions Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Having Oral Sex?
- List Of Sexually Transmitted Infections Does Doxycycline Monohydrate Treat
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.