Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Dental Work
Mar 2, 2005

Hello Doctors,

I would like to thank you for all your help.

I am positive my numbers have been aroud ~600 for CD4 and 5000 VL.

I need to have some dental work done. I need to pull my wisdom teeths (All 4) in the next year or so... Any advice?

Kar

Response from Dr. Young

Thanks for your post.

With a normal CD4 cell count, I don't see any significant HIV-related problems in having dental work done. Since starting on medications in probably not in your immediate future, there's no real issue with drug-drug interactions.

I'd simply pick a time that is convenient (if there ever is one) to have the required dental work, and make sure that the rest of your oral health is as good as possible.

BY

Previous
Newly Diagnosed
Next
Norvil and herbal products

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.