RECENT HIV POSITIVE

I recently tested postive and went to my doctor today and got my numbers which were very bard VL of 660,000 and Cdt count of 168 a friend told me that that is normal with recently tested people as your body is over doing it to fit off the infection is this correct

During early HIV infection the viral load (the amount of virus that can be counted in a drop of blood) goes up very high and then within a few days to weeks of infection drops to some relatively stable level where it remains until therapy is started.

During the peak of the viral load, the CD4 cell count can drop and then rebound as the virus level drops.

Whether your last counts are likely to be stable depends on how far out you are from when you were infected. Are you recently HIV infected or just recently diagnosed and could of had this infection for months-years? If it has been more than a few weeks since you were likely infected, then I suspect your numbers will not be all that different when checked again in a few weeks.

A re-check in 2-4 weeks is worthwhile. Meanwhile, you should take a medication to prevent pneumocystis carinii penumonia (PCP) if that is a problem in the area where you live.

shall I begin?
Oxide Derivatives? WHy are these Special?