Not in the best interest of Drug Companies to produce a vaccine?

I hear from alot of people that the big drug companies would rather sell their expensive pills and tablets than find a vaccine for HIV because it is more profitable that way. Is it why it's taking so long for a vaccine?

Depends on how much a cynic and conspiracy theorist you are. The company that makes an effective HIV vaccine can certainly make a lot of money. There is a huge need for the vaccine and many people will pay (a lot) to get it. The HIV medication business, on the other hand, is a competitive business with a bunch of companies fighting over market share.

Stranger things have happened but I for one do not believe there is a grand scheme to keep the world safe for protease inhibitor marketing at the expense of a breakthrough like an HIV vaccine. I think the reason a vaccine is not yet here is that it is awfully tough to make one. DW

Hot Flashes
Absorption...Can it lead to resistance?