Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

Am I stupid

I am a born again christian. Forget the televangelists and pay me a dollar for God's miracle ministries. My question is Am I stupid to believe that God can heal me and remove HIV from me and my family?

Response from Rev. Brown

No you are not stupid to believe in the healing power and virtue of God. As all things are possible for God, and God has the power to heal, deliver, save, and set free. God encourages us to pray for and believe in His healing power. Be encouraged and keep praying for your family.

That said, I urge you also to communicate with your health provider and work with that person to come up with and follow a health plan, including taking HIV medications if needed. This can have immense benefits in keeping your body (and the bodies of your family members who may be living with HIV) healthy as you observe and find strength and healing support in your faith.

As I have stated in a response to a similar question in the past: "If you are believing God to heal you continue to do so; and while doing it, continue to do the things that make for healthy living as when we do that it honors God." Please click the linked text if you'd like to read the full response. Thank you for your question.

Chances of infection
How to deal