Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Am I stupid
Jan 7, 2014

I am a born again christian. Forget the televangelists and pay me a dollar for God's miracle ministries. My question is Am I stupid to believe that God can heal me and remove HIV from me and my family?

Response from Rev. Brown

No you are not stupid to believe in the healing power and virtue of God. As all things are possible for God, and God has the power to heal, deliver, save, and set free. God encourages us to pray for and believe in His healing power. Be encouraged and keep praying for your family.

That said, I urge you also to communicate with your health provider and work with that person to come up with and follow a health plan, including taking HIV medications if needed. This can have immense benefits in keeping your body (and the bodies of your family members who may be living with HIV) healthy as you observe and find strength and healing support in your faith.

As I have stated in a response to a similar question in the past: "If you are believing God to heal you continue to do so; and while doing it, continue to do the things that make for healthy living as when we do that it honors God." Please click the linked text if you'd like to read the full response. Thank you for your question.

Previous
Chances of infection
Next
How to deal

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.