Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

Chances of infection

When my boyfriend and I broke up about 8 months ago I wasn't doing well mentally and I ended up having unprotected sex two times with someone I was talking to for about a week or so (he said he was clean and gets tested every 3-6 months). That interaction was about 7 months ago for me. My boyfriend and I ended up getting back together a little less than a month after my hook up. I was secretly freaking out after hearing about HIV on some of my classes, on the news, on the radio, and hearing it mentioned all over. I began to research symptoms online and am convinced that I have it: headaches, joint aches, fatigue, trouble sleeping, and any colds I gets I automatically think is because I am HIV positive. I asked the guy I hooked up with if he had taken a test since then and he said his blood test was negative for everything. My boyfriend also had a blood test about 2 months after we got back together and was negative for everything. Even with this knowledge I am still convinced that I am infected with HIV. I opened up to my sister the other day and are insured me that in my case it is really rare especially because no one involved does intravenous drugs or homosexual behavior. In my back of my head I'm still worried that maybe the guy I hooked up with lied or I read online that unless you ask for HIV to be included in a blood test they won't automatically do it. So what if they weren't screened for HIV. I'm worried that I still might be infected and am too afraid to go get checked. What do you think about this? Am I just being irrational?

Response from Rev. Brown

I would encourage you to go and get tested if you are still worried about possible infection. As by knowing your status you can relieve yourself of the anxiety you are feeling right now. Also in the worst case scenario if you are positive you can get into treatment, as success rate in infection is based on early detection. Those who find out their status early always have a longer life expectancy and are better able to manage infection. God Bless.

Help!
Am I stupid