Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

How do I regain Sexual urges?

My wife and I were diagnosed HIV Positive in April 2013.The problem is after I was diagnosed HIV Positive, I have lost interest in sex. She is pregnant, of which I thought it will deter her from sex. It hasnt. She still want sex. How do I regain interest on sex?

No2. Since my diagnosis, I found refuge in the word of God. She feels that I am more committed to church than m family. What do I do?

Response from Rev. Brown

Dear friend: There are moments in our lives where sex is just not a top priority, and that is ok. As the interest and feeling generally comes back. Now when we are in a marriage we must be willing to do things that may not be of interest to me, but are of interest to our spouse. When we are unwilling to do so it creates unneccessary tension. One way to regain interest is to spice things up in your sex life by trying different things with your spouse.

In answer to number 2 it is great that you have found refuge in the word of God, as it is a refuge and very present help for us in a multititude of ways. How to get your spouse to see how your commitment to the word isn't overtaking your commmitment to the family is by allowing her to see how your time in the word is making you a better man, and husband. Also inviting her to come with you can be of great benefit as well.

am still scared
HIV+