|HIV and Tattoo Ink.
Aug 7, 2013
My cousin was diagnosed 2yrs ago with HIV we just found out yesterday. He is a tattoo artist who's done his own tattoos and some of mine and other family members. I know the primary risks of HIV infection and I came out Neg. My question really is if its possible even when he changes the needle and sterilizes it (he opened it front of me and cleaned it too) I know needles can carry the virus but what about the ink. Because he does tattoos on himself with his own machine and uses a new needle everytime but I don't believe he changes the ink. Can the virus live in the ink? Or does it die?
Response from Rev. Brown
Dear Friend: Proper precautions are being used, and there is not chance of transmission based on what you have shared. Continue to be safe and God speed.
How longer till someone will acept me the way i am
Am I or am I not?
- Bloody Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Dry Mouth After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Fatigue After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.