Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

Guilty of masturbation

I don't know how else can I resist the temptation of watching pornography and masturbation. Tried several times to avoid it but sometimes the call for me to do it is just so strong. I know it is a sin, repented again and again and promised God not to do it anymore but would fall into the same sinful trap repeatedly. Not yet an addiction i think 'coz I don't do it very often. Asked God to help me with it but the lustful desire won't go. Sometimes I would justify my actions that it is better to do it alone instead of having sex with others and worse infecting them (HIV+ for 2 years). So afraid not to receive full blessings from God if I remain this way. Please pray for me. God bless.

Response from Rev. Brown

Dear friend: Know that God is a forgiving God, and guilt and shame is not something that God puts on us. He does convict us which means to show us the areas where we are wrong that we might correct them, but He does not hold things over our head. To be free of masturbation you must find out what triggers the desire, what is going on in your life when the urge feels the strongest to do such. Once you find out what the triggers are you can then begin to work towards working on them to stop the porn and the masturbation. Praying that you experience the full love and grace of God.

God Speed

please help
How longer till someone will acept me the way i am