Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

Need guidance

Hello Rev, I tested positive a month ago and I had to start treatment immediately because my CD4 count was low but the Doc said my viral load was not high. I got tested with two ElSA tests but no confirmation tests were done because they had a shortage. I feel so down and depressed because I have never had sex in my life and from talking to the counsellor, it seems I may have been infected last year. The only way I could have been infected last year was when I went to get a yellow fever vaccination at a private clinic. I just don't know why this is happening to me and I just feel so lost and alone. I don't know how to explain this to my family because I know they will not believe that I am telling the truth. What can I do and how can this be happening to me.

Response from Rev. Brown

Dear Need Guidance: I am saddened by what you have shared, as I am sure you are wrestling with a lot of emotions. In answer to your question, in life we all need support and the assistance of loved ones. I would encourage you that when you are ready to share with your family that you do that, and you be open and honest with them. At first they may not understand, there may be shock, and other emotions just like you dealt with when you discovered your status. Even with all of the emotions swirling around I believe that your family love for you will triumph over that, even as you share with them what you need from them to help you through the days and years to come. As they see your strength, it will cause them to be strong and supportive for you. Lastly there are situations in life that we can't explain yet, they happen. What encourages me in moments like this is something that God reminds me of in His word, "All things work together for our good" that means even things that seem bad can work for our good because it allows for a chance for greater perspective, and an opportunity to really see how much we are loved and supported.

HIV positive or not
REMIND TIME