Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

Friend just diagnosis with HIV

I am a Hetero Female, But my Gay male Best friend just found out he is HIV positive. I am trying to find out how to be the best supportive friend I can be. I love my best friend with all my heart, and i want to find out what I need to do to help him through this. He found out 2 days ago, and is having a hard time "processing" it. Other than is partner and his daughter, I am the only one he has told. When we talked today, my heart broke because I know he is having a hard time dealing with it. I found this site, but could not find anything that dealt with what I need to do. PLEASE, any thing will help!

Response from Rev. Brown

The most important thing to do is to love them, and be there for them. Be a listening ear, an attentive friend, and don't treat them any differently. Assist them with finding care, and being an encouragement to them, and it will help them in the coming days and years to come. Remind them that they can still live a full life. Praying for you and your friend.

Now What?
Any HIV risk?