Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

can people have sex with someone who us hiv

I just found out a year ago that the guy i been with the father of my daughter is hiv he never told me until he got sick and i heard the doctor talking to him i been getting tested for the last year and i am negitive so is our,ten year old daughter we still live together i did not want to leave him but i was really hurts .he has kidney failure so i stay with him to help him and for our daughter to be with him but lately he want to have sex and i am not sure about that i am scared and i try to readon how to but cant find the rite answer i am scared and dont want to i don't even trust any men.

Response from Rev. Brown

Dear friend: You can have sex with a person who is HIV positive, it is important to use protection everytime, so that you reduce the chances of transmission of the virus, as HIV can be transmitted when there is no protective barrier like a condom during intercourse. Even though you asked about being able to have sex, I also noticed that you brought up the issues of trust, which I think is a greater issue that the two of you need to resolve through communication and discussing your feelings and emotions since finding out his status.

Please help me, I'm feeling so down and depressed...
Afraid to be infected by HIV