Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

revealing HIV status to the church guy

Hey Pastor Todd, Good answer to the guy who was not sure if he should come out to his church. I was from a Bible / Evangelical Church & dealing with that for 10 yrs, before i came out to my kids, in 2009. If the church feels that gay can be changed, then change churches. The churches i was in, had me go to another and another ex gay counselor. i also did Setting Captives Free, to not be gay. I AM gay, and finally was able to be honest with myself. This guy is going through enough internal stuff, gay AND hiv, without having the church at large judge him, which most will. Keep the faith, and the great words of wisdom. Bill Knudsen - Chicago

Response from Rev. Brown

Thanks for the encouragement my friend, and sharing. I am a firm believer that we as believers are called to love which for me is found in the golden rule. The church is to be an extension of God's love period. You continue to keep the faith as well.

Symptoms can it be hiv related
Potential hiv exposure