Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Can I ever forgive myself?
Oct 10, 2012

Rev. Brown. Newly diagnosed, 2 weeks ago, haven't been able to get the courage to tell my wife yet. Not sure how long I've been positive. Keep trying to convince myself that I have not exposed her since we have not been together in several months. I know I have got to tell her, but I would almost rather die that to hurt her with this news and the possibility that she may be + also. It was my stupidity that got me where I am today!!! If only I could turn the clock back 3 years and make better decisions. We have always been very active in Church, but now I feel that I have condemned myself and possibly her also. Please pray for me that I would have the courage to sit down and tell her what I have done. I know that God will forgive me when I ask. I hope that she will forgive me. The big question is can I forgive myself.

Response from Rev. Brown

Dear friend I believe that you can forgive yourself, it will take time and work, but it is possible. As you remind yourself of being forgiven by God, and embraced by the love of God, and not letting guilt consume you, you can recieve forgiveness. For you sitting down with you wife, it is important that you do that, and don't put it off to long especially if you feel that there is a possiblity of infection. Let's pray: Dear God I pray that you give my friend the strength, wisdom, and words to share with his wife. I pray that you cover the both of them in your love, I pray that there would be forgiveness, and understanding for the both of them in the midst of their conversation with each other. I pray that you prepare both their hearts to recieve what each other shares with the other. I pray that your spirit would work things out that their bond with each other would be stronger when it is all said and done. Bless them both with love, peace, and understanding.

Previous
When your best friend doesn't tell you he is positive/Dying of AIDS
Next
Symptoms can it be hiv related

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.