Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

I want to re connect with my faith

Hello Reverend I am from Australia, and was diagnosed on 9th June. I was born and raised a Catholic, but struggle so much with faith. I have lost my parents, and I do not have much of a support network. I have a wonderful, liberal minded local priest whom I have known for nearly 20 years. I want to confide in him and ask for his assistance in trying to re connect with my faith. I need something more in my life right now as I start this journey. I am so ashamed. I am a physically fit, professional man who made one horrific mistake one night. Can you offer any guidance or assistance to someone struggling to find his faith again?

Response from Rev. Brown

My Friend: There are many moments in life where it seems as though our faith is lost due to the circumstances of life. When these moments occur to recharge and find our faith we find encouragement in that God encourages us to "Look to the hills from whence cometh our help, our help cometh from the Lord who made heaven and earth". We are also reminded that God "never leaves us nor forsakes us". Lastly scriptures reminds us that God hears our prayers. As you look to find your faith again I would encourage you to begin with prayer and restablishing your communication with God, then as you have already done it seems find people of faith that you can connect with who can serve as a means of encouragement to you, who will pray with you, and help you in the other spiritual disciplines like worship, study, meditation, and fellowship that all aid in our deeping of our relationship with God which enhances and strengthens our faith.

Worried about the expensive medicines
A Test of Faith, Knowledge acceptance!