Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

really scared..PLEASE HELP

Dear Doc, I am really worried about being HIV infected.I have had a possible one time exposure 7 years back and have had tender nodes(not swollen at all) in neck and armpit.They come simultaneosuly.Like one comes and the other one disappears.And more importantly they all are on one side(LEFT)I also have a swollen parotid gland on the same side which pains at times..This all started for a tooth abcess which was left untreated for a long time.I have been facing theses symtpos for almost 2-3 years now.I understand that the only way to get sure about HIV is to get TESETED but I am highly Paranoid getting that done.Also my CBC has come out normal.I would like to add here that I haev been working in night shifts from last 10 years and have a high stress levels.I am also a smoker.I have also developed a stone in one of my kidney on the same side.I have also heard about conditions like CFS,Sarcidosis,extra pulmonery Tuberclosis causing such symptoms.I am a frim believer and will always be.I have made few mistakes like all of us do but have never repeated them and have always tried to follow the path showed by almighty.I am only 29 years old and the only child of my parents.GOD is testing me but I am getting too scared now.PLEASE HELP...

Response from Rev. Brown

My Friend: I would encourage you that even inspite of your fears and nervousness to go and take an HIV test wheter you take it confidentially, or anoymous it is important that you know your status as it will eliminate the stress and worry that you are dealing with. As what occurs often times when we are overtly stressed or worried about things our body reacts to the stress which can result in us becoming sick or having other symptoms because of the stress we put on ourselves. Since HIV does not have any symptoms it is best that if you have put yourself at risk that you take the HIV test. Also I would encourage you to limit and refrain from engaging in risky bevaviors that make you susceptible to contracting HIV. I will be praying for your strength, courage, and that the care of the almighty would keep you continually.

Pastor Please Pray for me.
Pray for me