Apr 22, 2012
I just got the result of my VL which stands at 16,750 and CD4 count is 890. Kindly advice me on the implication of this to an HIV positive person. is the viral load on the high side?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Your CD4 count is in the normal range (500-1500) and your viral load is in the moderate range. Anything over 100,000 would be considered a high viral load. Putting these two facts together, there is no urgency to start HIV treatment, but HIV treatment is likely in your future.
symptoms of hiv
- What Does A Herpes Rash On The Face Look Like?
- What Can Hpv Be Mistaken For In Women?
- What Are The Chances Of Transmitting Chlamydia After One Time?
- What Are My Chances Of Getting Chlamydia From Someone Who Already Has It?
- Can Vaginitis Cause Chills?
- Symptoms Of Shingles Without Blisters
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.