Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

I need your help to show me a way out, thanks

I have an high-risk behavior 7 weeks ago. It's the end of the second week when I began to have some symptoms like hiv acute infection. The symptoms included chronic diarrhea, lymphadenopathy, pharyngitis, rash, myalgia, nausea, and maybe the liver and spleen were enlarged since I feel that hurts. Most of the symptoms are lightened or disappered now. I am in China. So I go to the hospital when it is 45 days after high-risk. I did anti-hiv test and 2 kinds of TP tests, the results are all '-'s. But the doctor says that their tests will not be positive unless it is 8 or more weeks after high-risk.

The first thing I want to ask is, if I test negative after 8 weeks, what other kind of tests should I do? Because I am 28 years old, and so healthy that never have any symptoms said aboved. I am so sure that I am infected by some dirty thing.

I don't want to test in hospital/cdc again. I am about to have a self-test with an hiv test-paper at the 9th week. Because I just know that in my city, if one is hiv-positive, cdc will inform my company and I will be definately dimissal by them. I will never get a lawyer because I have no money and there are no justice in China if one have hiv. And also because being diagnosed will be little benefit because there are only 7 kinds of free medicines of hiv in my country, most of which are not recommended by FDA now, and maybe they are only fake medicines(it's very common here). Being diagosed seems only to spoil my life.

So the second question: I wonder whether my choice is right. Can you help me to show my a better way out of the fear? I am deeply grateful for your help! Thank you!

Response from Rev. Brown

Dear friend: You are doing the right thing by getting tested after being involved in risky behavior. Besides getting the HIV test, I would encourage you to be tested for syphilis, gonorrhea, and herpes. This will give you a better idea of what you are dealing with if it is not HIV. I would also encourage you to go and see a doctor just to get a regular routine check-up based on the various symptoms that you have listed in your question. Your choice is right as it pertains to following up on knowing your status. The only way out of fear is to cut down on risk, as fear is a result of when we see more risk then reward. To cut down on risk you must take a good look at your behaviors and activities that put you at risk and either stop them or limit them so that your risk is diminished. Also if it is of a sexual nature then you would need to either abstain, or use protection everytime you seek to be intimate physically. By taking a closer look at all that you do and comparing risk to reward, it will help in eliminating putting yourself in a fearful situation.

Tattoo risk of HIV
healing