Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

the guilt is killing me

I have been positive for 3 yrs already and I am somewhat still in denial of my status. I know I have it but when I think about it I stress real bad and that is nogood for me, so I blank it out and live life, but this time safe and controlled by taking better care for myself. GOD has been my #1 force getting me to keep strong and not braking down and going crazy. I am a strong woman, however I feel so limited when it comes to involving myself with a man (again). I grew to hate men for what happened to me. I know I had something to do with it too, but being infected by my ex-boyfriend made me hate men so much and I feel dirty and repulsed by even having one touch me.Being that (sex) was what put me in this predictament I feel guilty ever sharing myself again. I feel that GOD is watching and I should never do the things I use to do, including the sex things. The guilt is killing me! thanks for listening

Response from Rev. Brown

My Friend: I am saddened that guilt is hurting you in such a way. The way to remove guilt is by relying on the number one force you refered to which is God. Guilt is removed when we recieve God's forgiveness completly. How we do this is by being reminded of God's love for us, and then forgiving ourselves. Often times the residue of guilt in our lives is a result of us not forgiving ourselves. Beloved take the time to forgive yourself so that you can move on and not have the feelings that you have towards men. You are right God is watching and because God is watching we should pray about all the decisions we make as it pertains to the relationships we engage in, and how God would have us to handle those relationships, as God will never steer us in the wrong direction as God loves us too much to steer us in a direction that will hurt us.

Starting To Get Connected with Jesus and Having Faith
death