Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

Starting To Get Connected with Jesus and Having Faith

I have been known for 5 years. I need to start to connect myself spiritually to the Lord. I am willing to try. And too, I want to have faith. I have a lot of anger and pain. I tend to hold a lot of what I have been through inside. I am suffering from depression constantly. I want to feel loved and be happy. I am miserable and I do not love myself. I tend to push people away. I do not let people get close to me, especially men. It is hard for me to trust again. What happened to me for me to go and get tested was traumatic and devastating. My own family are not supportive of me. It is like they do not care. All they care about is how they are living. I do not have no one. I want to feel safe and protected. I want the Lord to take all my pain, suffering and anger away. It is not healthy for me. How do I do that. I need your expertise. Please help. Thank you.

Response from Rev. Brown

My Friend: Our ability to start a relationship with God begins with our belief that God exists and desire to have a loving relationship with us. Anger, pain, depression can be lessened as we reach out to God in prayer as well as fellowship with other individuals who believe in God. The Lord will take the pain away, understand that it is a process that takes time and really pouring our heart out to God, and allowing God to give us the solutions to our ills. Sometimes family does not give us the support we are looking for, in those times we must be willing to recieve that family is bigger then those who share the same DNA as me but family can be a close friend and others who care about my well being. So as you look to develop a relationship with God do it by spending time praying, studying scripture, finding a place and people to fellowship with, and be patient as you seek God, as a relationship with God is just like any relationship it takes time, commitment, and consistency.

Faith, what is it, how do I get it?
the guilt is killing me