Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Pray for me
Mar 22, 2012

Please help my concern. My faith has been quite strong since finding out my partner is positive. I find myself praying endlessly that he will release this hell from his physical being and strengthen his soul. I am in the process of testing and today took the test that will relinquish my wonder. I feel as though if I test positive I have commited an unforgiving sin and shall be condemned. I do not understand this feeling, and I continue to hide my faith from others, fearing that the bond I am building with God is untrue if I explain to others. Each night I pray so hard for God to ward of the evil and spare me from this. Please pray for me, for I can't seem to share my now strong faith with others from fear that I have revealed my weakness from lack of maintaining faith before this situation developed...

Response from Rev. Brown

God I come to you on behalf of my friend who is dealing with maintaining lack of faith, unforgiveness, shame and guilt. I pray that you would assure them of the love you have for them, I pray that you would remove any guilt and shame that they may feel from their past, and remind them that they are not bound by the events of the past to experience the fullness of who you are and your love. I pray that you would strengthen them through the power of your spirit and that you would continue to grow their faith in you. I pray that you would surround them with other people of faith who will serve as continual encouragement to them in the days to come. I pray that things done in the past would be an instrument of learning that they might even be stronger and a blessing to somebody else. Remind them continually dear God that they are never alone, and that they are forgiven and reciepients of your full grace. Amen.

Previous
Do I need help
Next
What does family mean?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.