Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I need a Priest
Mar 21, 2012

I found out I am HIV positive last March of this year. After a month on my meds, my viral load is undetectable and my CD4 is rising. I must say I have not been a good Catholic. I stopped going to chruch a long time ago and for a short time in the early 80s, I did not belive in GOD. Luckly, that changed due to someone telling me there has to be more than just this exisitance. Once I got my results of my HIV status, I have gone back to chruch. I do find soloace in it but I feel that the Lord might think that I am a hypocrite due to the fact that I got this thing and now I am calling on HIM to help me be a stronger person. Beofre this, I would prey ocassionally and though I considered myself a Christian, I was very critical of the Cathloic Chruch and their views on gay people. Now I am scared, not of dying but of what will come after. I have nevered killed anyone or went out of my way to hurt anyone. I am just looking for an opinion.

Thanks A guy in Brooklyn

Response from Rev. Brown

Dear guy in Brooklyn: God is a forgiving God. No matter how far we may stray, lack faith, do things that are against His desire for us, His love for us supercedes any mistake or wrong doing we may do. God's ultimate desire for us is to have a relationship with Him, and He goes at great lengths to make this possible for us, by alway showing us love and care. The only thing that prevents us from recieving the love God has intended for us is ourselves. Our relationship with God is not different then any other relationship it requires time, attention, manangement, honesty, trust, forgiveness, and commitment. When we have these things working in our relationship with God, we find joy, peace, happiness and love throughout our life. I encourage you this day to commit to each day spending time with God in prayer, worship, reading His word, and watch the change it will make.

Previous
How to let go
Next
Do I need help

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.