Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

I need a Priest

I found out I am HIV positive last March of this year. After a month on my meds, my viral load is undetectable and my CD4 is rising. I must say I have not been a good Catholic. I stopped going to chruch a long time ago and for a short time in the early 80s, I did not belive in GOD. Luckly, that changed due to someone telling me there has to be more than just this exisitance. Once I got my results of my HIV status, I have gone back to chruch. I do find soloace in it but I feel that the Lord might think that I am a hypocrite due to the fact that I got this thing and now I am calling on HIM to help me be a stronger person. Beofre this, I would prey ocassionally and though I considered myself a Christian, I was very critical of the Cathloic Chruch and their views on gay people. Now I am scared, not of dying but of what will come after. I have nevered killed anyone or went out of my way to hurt anyone. I am just looking for an opinion.

Thanks A guy in Brooklyn

Response from Rev. Brown

Dear guy in Brooklyn: God is a forgiving God. No matter how far we may stray, lack faith, do things that are against His desire for us, His love for us supercedes any mistake or wrong doing we may do. God's ultimate desire for us is to have a relationship with Him, and He goes at great lengths to make this possible for us, by alway showing us love and care. The only thing that prevents us from recieving the love God has intended for us is ourselves. Our relationship with God is not different then any other relationship it requires time, attention, manangement, honesty, trust, forgiveness, and commitment. When we have these things working in our relationship with God, we find joy, peace, happiness and love throughout our life. I encourage you this day to commit to each day spending time with God in prayer, worship, reading His word, and watch the change it will make.

How to let go
Do I need help