Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

Lost friend

I am crying as I'm writing this letter to you. My close friend had HIV since 1997 and AIDS since 2003. He had severe neuropathy in his feet and could not walk. He has battled lymphoma twice, PCP two times, crypto, MAC and many other infections during the course of his disease. His medications stopped working and he was told he was resistant to most drugs. Last week he took an overdose of percotte and died in his sleep . He was a lovely man ,a warm caring human being. He had a great sense of humor and he was kind and compassionate. His smile was beautiful. Please Please tell me he didn't go to Hell. We were taught growing up that was Gods punishment for leaving in despair and rage . Can't God overlook the final act and instead see into the heart of the person, and the love he brought to this place while he was alive? Please Help me.

Response from Rev. Brown

When we look at who goes to heaven and who goes to hell it really is in the hands of God. We must understand that our perspective and God's perspective are two totally differenct views, as God's view is much larger then ours. God always measure the heart of a person over externals like we do as human beings. As you grieve for your friend I want to you offer you this encouragement. God is gracious, loving, merciful, and forgiving. Know that God loved your friend and was with Him every moment of His life. As you move on and process through the loss of your friend remember all the good times you had, the life experiences, and life lessons that where shared, and carry on his memory in your heart. We are not encouraged to take our own life, but it is not fully known by anyone how God judges it and how that figures into a persons eternal resting place. Eternal rest is the sum of a persons whole life and their confession about their heart towards a God who loves them.

husband positive, me negative
Very scared and sad, please help me