Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

husband positive, me negative
Feb 27, 2012

My husband is hiv positive and i am negative well the problem is that he treats me mean at times and says that since i wont have sex with him this is not a marriage well he is right i guess and i do love him but the problem is that i met my ex fiance 2 weeks ago and we went out and got drunk nothing happened cause it was the wrong time of the month for me but if it wasn't i would have had sex with him because we do still care for one another that i know is true but with my husband there is no touching or anything what am i supposed to do about my ex because i still love him but don't want to hurt my husband in the process

Response from Rev. Brown

In a relationship where one is positive and one is negative I think it is important for the two of you to sit down and share all of your feelings surrounding the diagnosis that your husband has been given. Some of his anger could be due to the changes that are now going to take place in his life, what it means to your marriage, will he still be loved by you, and will he be able to give you the love you need just to name a few things. When we have issues in our marriage it is important that we deal with them with each other, and if we need an outlet we go to neutral sources and not sources that can cause past feelings to be reignited. Remember this beloved an ex anything is an ex for a reason. The best thing to do is for you and your husband to sit down and talk about both of your feelings about everything as it pertains to his being positive and what that means to the both of you and your marriage, and also to look to counseling to help you all process through all that comes forth from your sharing with each other.

Previous
When to tell your children\family
Next
Lost friend

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.