Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

Bad things to good people

If God created all life, and HIV is a living organism (a virus), then why did he create HIV? Some people say that it is to punish the wicked, but what about innocent children, health care workers infected, and good people who made a dumb mistake? Why do we have to live in fear and anxiety? How could a loving, New Testament God let these things happen? I tested HIV-negative after 6 months recently after having intercourse with a girl for about 5 seconds, before I stopped because I a)didn't have a condom and b)didn't love her. Now I have a wonderful girlfriend and I can't even enjoy my time with her for fear that it will all come crashing down and I won't be able to grow old with her and have children and live life the way it's supposed to be lived? All I want in life is to be happy and healthy, and grow old with a wonderful woman. I have physical health as of now, but I am living in fear of possibly my test being inaccurate and being a late seroconverter. I have always been close to God and I have always tried to live a good, simple, peaceful life, but I am in constant agony and worry. I have never done drugs or drank, but now I find myself smoking pot frequently, as it makes me forget about my worries for a little while. Am I happy? No, all I want is to be happy. Why do we have to suffer? Please answer/reply/give me your comments.

Response from Rev. Brown

God is the creator of life. God is not the manager of life though. Because we have been given the freedom and power of choice there are certain things that have come into existence due to our choices. It is an age old matter that is traced back to the beginning of time itself. HIV is not a punishment; it is a result of behaviors that put an individual at risk. Innocent children are infected due to the choice of a parent to either breast feed, not having a c-section, or lack of care. God is loving and desires the best for us as indicated in the New Testament in Him giving His life for us in John 3:16, and also His promise in John 10:10 of life and life more abundantly. Though we are promised these things we must use the power of choice. Even as you look at your relationship with a wonderful woman who you would like to be intimate with, would talking about protection with her help to ease the anxiety and fear? Would both of you going and getting tested before becoming physically intimate help quell your fears? Happiness is available to you. I think by incorporating the necessary steps of communicating your concerns, using protection, and following up with testing will allow you and your girlfriend to have a wonderful relationship full of happiness.

Innocent/Guilty
When to tell your children\family