Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

Please Pray for my Daughter

Three months ago my seventeen year old daughter tested postive for the AIDS virus. My husband and I are very concerned about her because she has started isolating herself from her friends and staying indoors and sleeping constantly. She is seeing a counselor but we have yet to see any improvement in her mood. This Thanksgiving I tried to wake my daughter up and talk her into to comming with us to her aunts house for dinner and to see her cousins. She refused to come and when I asked her why she said "I don't feel very thankful this year mom" and began crying so hard it was frightening to me. To add to my guilt I feel responsible for my daughter contracting HIV. When she was 16 years old she told me she was having sex with the boy she has been going steady with since she was 14 years old. I took her to the doctors to get a prescription for birth control pills. HIV didn't enter my mind. I want to ask you to please pray for my family that we might be forgiven and grow stronger. Thank you for taking the time to read my letter.

Response from Rev. Brown

Dear God I pray for this family. I ask Lord God that you will shower them with your love, grace, and mercy. I pray that you would remove the guilt from their hearts and restore their joy. I pray that you would give them the strength to grow together as a family to offer support, care, and love to their daughter. I pray that you would provide to their daughter the encouragement she needs to continue to live and embrace life even in the midst of hardship, and pain. I pray that even though in the midst of the storm they are able to see that you are with them and as they hurt you hurt to due to your great love for your children. I pray that you would surround them with encouragement and the necessary resources to help them navigate all that comes with being HIV positive Amen.

A cry for help
Innocent/Guilty