Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

trouble listening to god
Feb 23, 2012

Dear reverend: I try to find God and beg him/her to guide me but I don't feel or hear any response. Please tell me what am I doing wrong or what am I not doing right? I really need to know when God is trying to tell me something. Thank you very much for your advise. A friend

Response from Rev. Brown

Dear Friend: Seeking God at times can be a very difficult and daunting task, as often times we look for God to speak to us like an actual tangible person. What helps in the moments of God's silence is to understand that His silence means that God is listening, and going to work on our behalf. Also my dear friend I want you to know that God speaks in so many different ways. Because of this when we look to God we must ask to be sensitive to the various forms that God speaks to us. God can speak to us through a close friend, a gentle calming breeze, events in our day, the music we listen to, an individual we just met, an article we read, and the list goes on and on. It is my hope that as you look for God's guidance that you continue to seek after God knowing that God hears and because God hears, God will speak and supply what we need.

Previous
Virus In Water
Next
Need a Priest

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.