Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

A Quiet Thank You!
Jul 1, 1999

Dear Father: I had paid many visits to this board over the past three years since my diganosis. However, I never ventured into your particular Forum until today. I have always considered myself a spiritual person and spent my early years very involved with the church. Like many gay men, I retreated from my spiritual roots many years ago. However, in the past two years I have started to realize that roots that are planted early remain strong and intact. I have developed a stronger relationship with God as an adult than I ever thought possible. It is this relationship, along with many other special earthly relationships, that fortifies and strenghtens me each day.

I just wanted to say "Thank You" for giving others like myself the reassurance the God loves each of us uniformly and without prejudice. I only wish that His children could fully practice what He preached.

There is no need to post this - I just wanted you to know that your kind words are heard and, I believe, heeded by many.

Response from Father DeMartini

Dear Freind,

Thank you for your kind words of support. I decided to post your "quiet Thank you" because I want you and others to know how much I value feedback--whether positive or critical. I have grown up a great deal as a person and a priest from the heartfelt responses of people whom I have encountered on my life journey. I believe that God asks nothing more from us than to respect each other and ourselves and to hold as truth the words in Genesis that God created each of us in the Godly image and likeness. May God always embrace you in his love and peace. Please keep me in your prayers. Fr. Rod

Previous
Another Thank You for Your Efforts
Next
Unconditional Love

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.