Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

A Quiet Thank You!

Dear Father: I had paid many visits to this board over the past three years since my diganosis. However, I never ventured into your particular Forum until today. I have always considered myself a spiritual person and spent my early years very involved with the church. Like many gay men, I retreated from my spiritual roots many years ago. However, in the past two years I have started to realize that roots that are planted early remain strong and intact. I have developed a stronger relationship with God as an adult than I ever thought possible. It is this relationship, along with many other special earthly relationships, that fortifies and strenghtens me each day.

I just wanted to say "Thank You" for giving others like myself the reassurance the God loves each of us uniformly and without prejudice. I only wish that His children could fully practice what He preached.

There is no need to post this - I just wanted you to know that your kind words are heard and, I believe, heeded by many.

Response from Father DeMartini

Dear Freind,

Thank you for your kind words of support. I decided to post your "quiet Thank you" because I want you and others to know how much I value feedback--whether positive or critical. I have grown up a great deal as a person and a priest from the heartfelt responses of people whom I have encountered on my life journey. I believe that God asks nothing more from us than to respect each other and ourselves and to hold as truth the words in Genesis that God created each of us in the Godly image and likeness. May God always embrace you in his love and peace. Please keep me in your prayers. Fr. Rod

Another Thank You for Your Efforts
Unconditional Love