Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

Faith to Continue

Father Rod,

I read today the letter "Have the Greatest Faith in God". I know what he is talking about. Two weeks ago my partner passed away after a long stay in the hospital. Darrell is at peace with God, no longer suffering, and singing his favorite Black Gospel hymns. While he was in the hospital and afterward, I learned that I was a wealthy man with support from my parish, work place, family, and friends. The common reason for the support was that I practiced what I spoke about: love of others, understanding, and compassion. These are all based on my understanding of the Gospel and my faith in God. I now face my hardest task to date, taking care of myself after years of taking care of Darrell. That is not an easy task, since I never did a good job in the past. I plan to go back to the three supports for a good life I wrote about in an earlier correspondence with you: taking care of myself physical, mental, and spiritual. Thanks for your wonderful work, I plan to continue to read your responses. If it is ok, I'd also like to respond to those messages that I understand and relate to. You are in my prayers, Ron

Response from Father DeMartini

Dear Ron --- I feel blessed by your tender and caring response. I encourage you to practice love and compassion with yourself and to be open to the ways in which God will invite you to grow in these attitudes. I welcome your comments and ask for your prayers that this spiritual support ministry can continue to help God's grace and care touch people and help bring healing and peace. I pray for your partner Darrell as he serenades the angelic choirs with his favorite Gospel hymns! Blessings, Fr. Rod

Prayerbooks
Another Thank You for Your Efforts