Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Faith to Continue
Aug 16, 2000

Father Rod,

I read today the letter "Have the Greatest Faith in God". I know what he is talking about. Two weeks ago my partner passed away after a long stay in the hospital. Darrell is at peace with God, no longer suffering, and singing his favorite Black Gospel hymns. While he was in the hospital and afterward, I learned that I was a wealthy man with support from my parish, work place, family, and friends. The common reason for the support was that I practiced what I spoke about: love of others, understanding, and compassion. These are all based on my understanding of the Gospel and my faith in God. I now face my hardest task to date, taking care of myself after years of taking care of Darrell. That is not an easy task, since I never did a good job in the past. I plan to go back to the three supports for a good life I wrote about in an earlier correspondence with you: taking care of myself physical, mental, and spiritual. Thanks for your wonderful work, I plan to continue to read your responses. If it is ok, I'd also like to respond to those messages that I understand and relate to. You are in my prayers, Ron

Response from Father DeMartini

Dear Ron --- I feel blessed by your tender and caring response. I encourage you to practice love and compassion with yourself and to be open to the ways in which God will invite you to grow in these attitudes. I welcome your comments and ask for your prayers that this spiritual support ministry can continue to help God's grace and care touch people and help bring healing and peace. I pray for your partner Darrell as he serenades the angelic choirs with his favorite Gospel hymns! Blessings, Fr. Rod

Previous
Prayerbooks
Next
Another Thank You for Your Efforts

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.