Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

Prayerbooks

Dear Fr.: I have been searching for a prayerbook for people with HIV but have not found anything that useful. I do not so much want a collection of specially composed prayers with HIV/AIDS "themes" (or at least not exclusively). Rather, I think I want something more like morning prayer or evening prayer--with psalms, scripture, intercessions, prayer--but with psalm/reading/prayer selections consciously guided by an awareness that the book will be used by someone with HIV/AIDS. Do you know of any such resources? Thank you for your help.

Response from Father DeMartini

Dear Friend--Thanks for your question about prayerbooks. I authored one that is for any person facing serious illness--it is no longer published but I have some extra copies and would be happy to send you one free if you give me an address. The other book I have found helpful is called "The Color of Light" by Perry Tilleraas and is published by Harper & Row--it is a daily meditation book for people infected and affected. I hope that these will help. Our Network is also planning to publish some prayer resources next year. Blessings, Fr. Rod

Support in Miami
Faith to Continue