Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

HIV and the Latino Faith Community

Dear Father DeMartini-I am currently performing qualitative research for the CDC HIV Prevention-Faith Initiative Project. I am focusing on the response/experience of the Latino Faith Community to the epidemic. In addition we are seeking the perspectives of the Latino Faith Community on establishing a lasting partnership with the CDC in the fight against HIV. I am writing to you to request any contacts you may think are appropriate for this project. The more responses we get from concerned clergy, the more likely we will be able to forge partnerships to create culturally and spiritually appropriate messages for the many and varied Faith Communities in this country.Thank you for your response.Mary Ann Seday, MPHCDC HIV Prevention-Faith Initiative(404)639-5197zge1@cdc.gov

Response from Father DeMartini

Mary Ann--Thansk you for your inquiry. I am so glad to learn about this vital initiative. I sincerely believe that that the Church and faith communities must be involved in a collaborative and positive way in helping people face the challenges of HIV/AIDS. I will do some research in our files of contacts and call you directly with some names. Blessings on your work. Fr. Rod

Churches view on AIDS
your address for snail mail