For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

is ANIN still in business?

I am trying to contact AIDS NATIONAL INTERFAITH NETWORK. I called 202.842.0010 and got a message the number had changed to 202.543.1202. So I called and got a message that number had been disconnected and no further information available. Next, I tried e-mail: I sent to and also to and both messages came back as undeliverable. What's the scoop?

Response from Father DeMartini

Dear Friend, Regretfully, the AIDS National Interfaith Network was closed on November 30. The Board of Directors cited financial difficulties as the primary cause. However, there is a group that was brought together by ANIN about five years ago called the Council of National Religious AIDS Networks. I belong to this group and we will be meeting in late Febraury to explore how we can keep the vision and mission of ANIN alive. You can reach me at if you would like to be kept informed about developments. We also need to thank God for the wonderful work which ANIN staff and Board has done to raise awareness and respect for interfaith HIV/AIDS ministry. Blessings, Fr. Rod

Spiritual Retreats
in re: Please Pray For Me