Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

pray for me
Jan 22, 1999

Father, I am very scared because I recently discovered that I am at risk of having the HIV virus. I will be getting tested this weekend and again in three months. Will you please pray for me?Thank you, Karen

Response from Father DeMartini

Dear Karen:I want to reassure you that you will most definitely be in my thoughts and prayers as you await the results of your test. I hope that you also have people around you who can not only pray with and for you but also provide you with the support and understanding you need during this time of fear and dread. I also want to share a prayer that was written by the artist who produced our AIDS icon "Mother of God, Light in All Darkness" (you can see the image on our web page at www.ncan.org). The prayer is: " Mother of God, Light in All Darkness, shelter Him our flame of hope with your tender hands. And in our times of dread and nightmares, let Him be our comfort. And in our times of physical pain and suffering, let Him be our healer. And in our times of separation from God and one another, let Him be our communion. Amem." I hope this prayer brings you comfort and peace. Fr. Rod

Previous
Why was I given this particular life?
Next
In need of help

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.