Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

Please pray for me and my boyfriend

Dear Father:

I ask only one thing of you. Please pray for me and my boyfriend. Although we have not yet been tested, I know that we have HIV. We are about to go through testing, as my boyfriend has been presenting many symptoms of HIV. We have been together nearly five years, and love each other very much. I am not sure how we are supposed to deal with HIV. As I am not sure how anybody does. We are only 23 years old, and a had planned on a full life ahead of us. I realize that "God works in mysterious ways". But I really can't begin to understand why he would allow such a disease as this to exist. Moreover, I don't understand how he could allow this to happen to us. We really are good people. Again father, please pray for us, prayer is the only thing that could help us at this point.

Sincerely,

Lost

Response from Father DeMartini

Dear Lost--Be assured that I do pray for you and your boyfriend. I pray for the peace and caring love which you share with each other. However, I want to encourage you to get tested so that you can both receive advice and assistance from caring professionals. HIV can be a very lonely disease for many reasons and even a close relationship like you both have can become unnecessarily overburdened if you keep this a secret from others who can help. I am glad that you are checking out TheBody which is a rich and wonderful resource but there is nothing to substitute for knowing the truth and getting help to deal with it. I pray that you come to this step. You are both in my prayers, Fr. Rod

You are all I have right now.
Getting past the falsehoods!