Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

Should I or Not?

Dear Father,

I am writing to you with heart felt feeling's for all those that suffer personally with this disease.

I am the daughter of a man who I just found out has full blown aids. I have not seen my dad for 10 years now due to issues of when I was a child and was actually in the process of civil litigation when I found out about his Aids status.

So instead of civil suit being done I asked for a personal meeting with my Dad. He agreed at first but now it seems that he does not wish to see me.... he has very little time left.

I want to see my dad to tell him that I LOVE him and that I forgive him. This is not something that I feel that I can say in a letter to him as he needs to see my face.

I do not want to trespass though on his space.

Should I just go and see him or not?

Response from Father DeMartini

Dear Friend---Thank you for your letter. I sense the immense pain and confusion that you are experiencing and I imagine that your dad is sharing those feelings as well. Since I understand that you were in the process of litigation before finding out about your dad's illness, I suppose that he may still have feelings of fear or anger or uncertainty about your intentions in wanting to see him face to face. I believe that you want to move beyond your own pain and the distance between you to express love and forgiveness. It may be that dad just needs some more reassurance and a personal note or phone call may be the best way instead of suddenly showing up on his doorstep. I will keep both of you in my prayers. Blessings and peace, Fr Rod

Should I or Not ? UPDATE !!!
Please Pray for my Daughter