Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

Helping a son 2,000 miles away

We have just learned that our son has tested positive for HIV, but have thought this for some time. How can we help him with finding him support with him so far away? He is a fallen Catholic and I think it would be good for him to have the spiritual help in addition to medical. What's available in Scottsdale?

Response from Father DeMartini

Dear Friend--Thank you for your letter. First of all, I want to assure you of my prayers in the midst of your worry and distress as well as for your son in the face of this diagnosis. The first thing I would encourage you to do is to continue to provide the support of your love and to communicate that your son's HIV status has not altered your affection or relationship. You might also consider inviting him to contact me on this page or at ncan@sonic.net so that I could provide any support or referrals he may need at this time. I would be happy to help your son find spiritual support but it would be best if he would determine when and what support he needs at this time. You can certainly encourage and invite him to seek spiritual and other support but for this support to be effective your son should be a willing participant. Please stay in contact and I keep you in my prayers. Fr. Rod

Returning to Jesus
Should I or Not ? UPDATE !!!