Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

A simple prayer please?

Hi Rev,

Please say a simple pray for me.

I'm just sending off my "Home Access" HIV test in the mail. It's 92 days today. I'm following the rules; test at

3 months and 6 months (a grueling length of time).

But...Rev, it's been lonely! I have no one to talk with. Can't tell my family, or friends. I called the Crisis line a couple of times, but I felt like I was using up a resource for people with bigger problems.

Oh my, I've beaten myself up on this! I sure have learned one thing! I will never judge another person after what I did.

Thanks Rev,

ME + This experience = Changed

Response from Father DeMartini

Dear Friend--Thanks for your note in which I found a sense of hope and determination. My simple prayer will be that whatever the results of your test you will "keep faith" and that you will continue to look for a friend/advisor/group with whom you can share your journey and from whom you can receive the support and guidance you deserve. I encourage you to let go of internal messages that say "I don't deserve their help" or "I'm being a burden and wasting their time" because these thoughts can become like the virus that depresses the immune system---they can lead one to give up and give in. You deserve to live and to take care of yourself and to ask for support--and accept it when you find it! I keep you in my prayers, Fr. Rod

The Battle Ahead
I am so afraid and skeptical....