Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

broken promise in prayer

Dear Father During a prayer I made a rash promise to abstain from something which I was unable to keep. I am worried of the consequences. Is this something you have come across before? Am I being stupid? I immediately begged for forgiveness. Will my plea for fforgiveness be accepted?

Response from Father DeMartini

Dear Friend, Thank you for your letter. Prayer is a form of conversation with a friend (God) who loves each of us unconditionally. It seems to me that you have learned a life lesson in making a promise you could not keep---that this is unfair to you and to God as your friend in prayer. I imagine that God is happy that you have learned this lesson and would also be happy if in your next prayer conversation you would simply say "I'm sorry". Forgiveness is shared between friends---it's part of loving---and remember that God loves you and I and all people unconditionally. What a friend! I will pray for your peace of mind and heart, Fr. Rod

I am fearful of not going to heaven
Ever gonna answer???