Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

HOW DO PEOPLE DEAL WITH AIDS

FATHER RODNEY,HOW CAN PEOPLE WHO KNOW THEY'VE GOT AIDS GO AND SPREAD THE DISEASE TO SOMEONE ELSE. I'M NOT SAYING ALL PEOPLE DO THAT BUT SOME PEOPLE DO, AND THAT REALLY GETS ME UPSET.

Response from Father DeMartini

Dear Friend, Thanks for your very provocative question. It is difficult for me to respond without offering generalities but I will try. First of all, in my own experience of 16+ years in AIDS ministry, the vast majority of people I have met and do meet today do not want to give the virus to someone else. In fact, many people living with HIV/AIDS have to struggle against feelings of being a "danger" to others and sometimes, regretfully are treated as such. I am aware of several specific cases that have been in the news over the years of people who seem to have intentionally tried to infect another person and I, too, cannot understand why some people have such anger and disregard to others and themselves. I hope that also people who are in a relationship with someone with HIV/AIDS remember their responsibility to not put another's compromised immune system at risk and also take responsibility to remember to make healthy choices to avoid infection. I hope that these general responses are helpful to you and encourage you to still treat those living with HIV with respect. Blessings, Fr. Rod

Prayers to God/Intercession of Saints
HIV/ AIDS and if effects on Social Health