Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

How do I live if I'm not sure I'd rather die
Jan 3, 2000

I've been looking for a chat group or an unbiased opinion on how I can live. Not sure who I can talk to when all it seems like everyone thinks I should do is take more medicine or be locked up. I am at peace within myself more then I have ever been and I feel God with me every moment of my day. I hear him speak to my soul as I have as a kid. How can I talk to someone about this when all they want to think is I am crazy or I need more medicine. How do I get help when I feel finally for the first time in my life there is no one alive who can help me as they do not understand the real truth and glory of all that is. Do you even have a clue to what I am talking about.

Response from Father DeMartini

Dear Friend, Thank you for your question--I hope that I "have a clue" about what you are experincing although I know that your journey is personal and unique. I assume that you wrote to me because you are still searching for someone to just listen to you with respect and you are feeling lonely when people do not see things as you do. It seems to me that you may want to consider searching for an individual counselor/spiritual director rather than a chat group. If you contact me at ncan@soniuc.net and give me some more information about where you reside, I may be able to suggest some people. Also, in the meantime, remember that God does not create us to be isolated but to journey with others. People can still respect you and support you even if they don't agreee with you and vice versa. I pray that you can experience this at this time of your life. Blessings, Fr. Rod

Previous
aids among catholic priests in America
Next
Prayers to God/Intercession of Saints

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.