Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

The Greatest of these is LOVE part 2

Hi again..

My friend Will went to the doctor and explained his unrelenting depression and fatigue. He was given Prozac. I think he needs some counseling too. I will research this issue and offer it to him. Its very true what you said about affirming my love for him and for myself. Its a learning experience to say the least.

About the peer support. He does use the internet to visit some of the HIV support chats and has a few + friends. He has revealed his status to all but his mentally disabled sister. Problem is..he totally isolates himself. I always call and send him Email and snail mail everyday. He does appreciate it, but when he gets his depression thing going on..he doesnt respond. He more or less blocks meand the world out and holes himself up. This concerns me the most and he knows and admits its a problem. that may just be the most hurtful thing..its not AIDS or his dying that scares me..what scares me is not having him today. All I want is to know he loves me, the rest is flexible. I have trouble with feeling at times like a yo yo...and regardless of his troubles, its not acceptable. I guess I am still learning how to talk to him. I don't want to ad to his burden, yet reality is..relationships take work and negotiation. I pray for our continued growth and understanding of one another. I will always be there for him although working on growing as an individual also. The greatest love is God's love. I pray to help him believe that.

(Jen)

Response from Father DeMartini

Dear Jen--Thanks for your reply. Your friend Will is certainly fortunate to have such a faithful and caring companion as you. I hear your frustration and helplessness--this is the most difficult part of love--sometimes it brings challenge and pain. That is why I encourage you to have friends to talk with--especially when Will is unable to communicate. I feel sure that Will knows that you will be there even when he pulls back and doesn't communicate--perhaps your fidelity and persistence is the gift that keeps him from giving up. I keep you both in my prayers, Fr. Rod

The Greatest Of These Is Love Part3
The Greatest of these is LOVE...