Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

I am ready to die? Another view

May I take the time to offer another view of this person's issue. My partner has AIDS, and to date we have been very lucky. Early in the illness, I bought into the myth that he would not be around long. A cruel myth that robs the person who is sick and those around him/her of hope. I now know that we have to work together to build and to sustain physical, mental, and spiritual fitness. This should have been our beacon from the beginning. The three parts which make the whole person. I would encourage you to make it your beacon also. It is not an easy path, but the rewards are well worth the effort. Since I am catholic and my partner is penticostal, the spiritual part is not always easy. I learned that I needed to set the example and encourage him to practice his faith.

I will also keep you in my prayers.

Response from Father DeMartini

Dear Friend, Thank you for reaching out with concern and care to someone who is struggling with the uncertainty of how to live and keep hope with HIV. Your partner is fortunate to have your care and love and I am sure that you are enriched by the spiritual journey that he is on even though your religious traditions are different. Our loving and compassionate God has eternal capacity to include and accept us even with our differences and struggles. I keep you both in my prayers, Fr. Rod

WORTHLESSNESS, USELESS, SAD, HOPEFUL
Philosophy vs. Scientific vs. Faith-Please Help