Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I am ready to die? Another view
Jun 3, 1999

May I take the time to offer another view of this person's issue. My partner has AIDS, and to date we have been very lucky. Early in the illness, I bought into the myth that he would not be around long. A cruel myth that robs the person who is sick and those around him/her of hope. I now know that we have to work together to build and to sustain physical, mental, and spiritual fitness. This should have been our beacon from the beginning. The three parts which make the whole person. I would encourage you to make it your beacon also. It is not an easy path, but the rewards are well worth the effort. Since I am catholic and my partner is penticostal, the spiritual part is not always easy. I learned that I needed to set the example and encourage him to practice his faith.

I will also keep you in my prayers.

Response from Father DeMartini

Dear Friend, Thank you for reaching out with concern and care to someone who is struggling with the uncertainty of how to live and keep hope with HIV. Your partner is fortunate to have your care and love and I am sure that you are enriched by the spiritual journey that he is on even though your religious traditions are different. Our loving and compassionate God has eternal capacity to include and accept us even with our differences and struggles. I keep you both in my prayers, Fr. Rod

Previous
WORTHLESSNESS, USELESS, SAD, HOPEFUL
Next
Philosophy vs. Scientific vs. Faith-Please Help

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.