Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

WORTHLESSNESS, USELESS, SAD, HOPEFUL
Sep 7, 1999

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN, HOW CAN I OVER COME THE FEELING OF SELF DISGUST. I KNOW THAT PEOPLE CARE AND I NEVER LET THEM CLOSE ENOUGH TO SEE HOW FRIGHTENED I AM. THIS DISEASE MAKES ME ANGRY AND THE WEAKER I BECOME THE ANGRIER I BECOME BECAUSE I CAN NOT HELP IT AND I DON'T LIKE TO BE SEEN THIS WAY. ALSO I FEEL THAT I AM A BURDEN TO THOSE WHO CARE.I HAVE A GOOD FAMILY BUT I BELIEVE THEY THINK I BROUGHT THIS ON MYSELF. I HOPE WHEN I'M FREE FROM THIS PAIN I'LL STILL BE ABLE TO SEE THW WONDERFUL CREATION'S MY HIGHER POWER ALLOW'S ME TO SEE NOW. THE WORLD IS SO AWESOME ,IT IS JUST PEOPLE THAT MAKE IT SEEM UGLY. CAN YOU HELP ME ON THE RIGHT ROAD?

Response from Father DeMartini

Dear Friend,

Thank you for your honest letter. I sincerely hope that asking for my support and advise is a positive step toward accepting that you are worthy of feeling better about yourself. Perhaps it would be helpful to actually write yourself an honest letter that expresses what you are ashamed about and burdened by. This could be like a confession that can help release these inside burdens and preoccupations first onto paper and then perhaps in offering this letter to your Higher Power who is compassion and healing. Next you might share it with a friend you trust and ask her/him to simply accept and hold you in your pain and your effort to let go of these burdensome feelings. I will keep you in prayer and invite you to continue to reach out for support and encouragement. Blessings, Fr. Rod

Previous
Please pray for me
Next
I am ready to die? Another view

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.