Spiritual Support and HIVSpiritual Support and HIV

WORTHLESSNESS, USELESS, SAD, HOPEFUL

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN, HOW CAN I OVER COME THE FEELING OF SELF DISGUST. I KNOW THAT PEOPLE CARE AND I NEVER LET THEM CLOSE ENOUGH TO SEE HOW FRIGHTENED I AM. THIS DISEASE MAKES ME ANGRY AND THE WEAKER I BECOME THE ANGRIER I BECOME BECAUSE I CAN NOT HELP IT AND I DON'T LIKE TO BE SEEN THIS WAY. ALSO I FEEL THAT I AM A BURDEN TO THOSE WHO CARE.I HAVE A GOOD FAMILY BUT I BELIEVE THEY THINK I BROUGHT THIS ON MYSELF. I HOPE WHEN I'M FREE FROM THIS PAIN I'LL STILL BE ABLE TO SEE THW WONDERFUL CREATION'S MY HIGHER POWER ALLOW'S ME TO SEE NOW. THE WORLD IS SO AWESOME ,IT IS JUST PEOPLE THAT MAKE IT SEEM UGLY. CAN YOU HELP ME ON THE RIGHT ROAD?

Response from Father DeMartini

Dear Friend,

Thank you for your honest letter. I sincerely hope that asking for my support and advise is a positive step toward accepting that you are worthy of feeling better about yourself. Perhaps it would be helpful to actually write yourself an honest letter that expresses what you are ashamed about and burdened by. This could be like a confession that can help release these inside burdens and preoccupations first onto paper and then perhaps in offering this letter to your Higher Power who is compassion and healing. Next you might share it with a friend you trust and ask her/him to simply accept and hold you in your pain and your effort to let go of these burdensome feelings. I will keep you in prayer and invite you to continue to reach out for support and encouragement. Blessings, Fr. Rod

Please pray for me
I am ready to die? Another view